[Building Sakai] Basic LTI tool registration settings being lost

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Fri Aug 17 15:36:49 PDT 2012

Yes - Those parameters are copied into the tool placement at the moment of placement.   You cannot change the registration file and "push" changes to the existing tool.

So as soon as the tool is placed all the values become "local" to that placement.

And the file is not re-read except at restart.

This is one of the reasons UM put so much effort into making a separate process to make and update virtual tools using only the admin interface UI.  Sakai 2.9 rocks!

/Chuck