[Building Sakai] realmRoleGroupCache 100% miss.

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:41:36 PDT 2012

Hi all,

In trunk and in 2.9 I'm seeing a 100% miss ratio on the following cache. This cache is not present in 2.8. I checked the 2.9 Qa servers and they show the same thing.

org.sakaiproject.authz.impl.DbAuthzGroupService.realmRoleGroupCache: count:0 hits:0 misses:2507 hit%:0

On another instance I had over 8000 misses in an hour.

Last change to the kernel authz-components.xml (where this cache is defined) was r105160, done in https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-532

The previous commit was where this cache definition was added which was r85976, done in https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-600

Looking through the code I see that is is controlled via this in sakai.properties, and defaults to false

authz.cacheGrants = true/false

I wonder if we should enable this one by default?

Dave I've copied you in since you added the cache, how has your experience been with it?

cheers,