[Building Sakai] How to add grade scale to gradebook (Oracle)

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Fri Aug 10 09:24:45 PDT 2012

Hi
Using Sakai 2.6 (still) We added a record to GB_GRADING_SCALE_T and the
corresponding records in GB_GRADING_PERCENTS_T

By adding the scale info into those two tables we successfully get the new
grading scale added to new sites, but there are some sites already created
that we'd like this applied to

SAK-18306 <https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18306> supplies the
following MySQL query to fix this (where 4 is the new scale id):

insert into GB_GRADE_MAP_T (OBJECT_TYPE_ID, VERSION, GRADEBOOK_ID,
GB_GRADING_SCALE_T)
select distinct 0,0,GB_GRADEBOOK_T.ID,GB_GRADING_SCALE_T.ID
from GB_GRADEBOOK_T, GB_GRADING_SCALE_T
where (GB_GRADEBOOK_T.ID, GB_GRADING_SCALE_T.ID) NOT in (select distinct
GRADEBOOK_ID, GB_GRADING_SCALE_T from GB_GRADE_MAP_T where
GB_GRADING_SCALE_T=4)
AND GB_GRADING_SCALE_T.ID = 4

But I am having trouble modifying it to work in Oracle without getting:

Error: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("SAKAIUSER"."GB_GRADE_MAP_T"."ID")

The sequence and trigger seem correct since I assume the application is
using them. Has anyone done this in Oracle? Thanks.

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator
University of Dayton