[Building Sakai] BBBTool - Empty Locale in ResourceLoader when selecting English

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Aug 10 01:58:52 PDT 2012

Hi everybody.

We are experiencing an i18n issue with BBB-Tool  (Version
1.0.7-rc2_20120525_140500) in our Sakai 2.7.1.

When we choose any language (spanish, basque, french, etc),
ResourceLoader works fine in SakayProxy class and gets "es_ES" or
"eu_EU". Specifically, in this piece of code:

/ public String getUserLanguageCode()
{
    Locale locale = (new ResourceLoader()).getLocale();
    String languageCode = locale.getLanguage();
    if(!"".equals(locale.getCountry()))
    {
        languageCode += "_" + locale.getCountry();
    }
    return languageCode;
}/

However, when we choose english (any english: en, en_US or en_UK)
ResourceLoader gets an empty locale and I think that in that case
BBB-Tool uses spanish as it is our Tomcat's default language.

I think that we have all the needed properties files (i.e:
ToolMessages_en_US.properties) correctly deployed.

Any idea about why is this happening? If you need more info, just tell
me, please.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.