[Building Sakai] profile and profile2

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:06:49 PDT 2012

Hi Mustansar,

Parts of the original profile tool are still required due to some legacy tool bindings with the roster integration. The tool itself (the UI bit) has been stealthed by default in 2.8 and there was a db conversion added to change the tool placements from sakai.profile to sakai.profile2 in all my workspaces.

As for removing it completely, this can't happen until we also replace Roster with Roster2 (because of the way it integrates), which has been discussed in TCC meetings and may eventuate for 2.10.

cheers,
Steve