[Building Sakai] Mneme + 2.9.x + Java 7

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Mon Aug 6 16:00:41 PDT 2012

One of the problems is the mneme's reliance on
com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.  Profile2 addressed this by switching to
another library, see https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PRFL-665.

I haven't experienced any problems in the other etudes areas you
mention as of yet, I've only just begun looking into java 7.  There
were some problems in jforum and melete that were UTF-8 related.
Those required changing the encoding using vi.

/Users/jbush/Dev/projects/cle-trunk/mneme/mneme-impl/impl/src/java/org/etudes/mneme/impl/AttachmentServiceImpl.java:[112,31]
error: package com.sun.image.codec.jpeg does not exist

/Users/jbush/Dev/projects/cle-trunk/mneme/mneme-impl/impl/src/java/org/etudes/mneme/impl/AttachmentServiceImpl.java:[113,31]
error: package com.sun.image.codec.jpeg does not exist

/Users/jbush/Dev/projects/cle-trunk/mneme/mneme-impl/impl/src/java/org/etudes/mneme/impl/AttachmentServiceImpl.java:[114,31]
error: package com.sun.image.codec.jpeg does not exist

/Users/jbush/Dev/projects/cle-trunk/mneme/mneme-impl/impl/src/java/org/etudes/mneme/impl/AttachmentServiceImpl.java:[1928,2]
error: cannot find symbol

could not parse error message: symbol: class JPEGImageEncoder
  location: class AttachmentServiceImpl
/Users/jbush/Dev/projects/cle-trunk/mneme/mneme-impl/impl/src/java/org/etudes/mneme/impl/AttachmentServiceImpl.java:1928:
error: cannot find symbol
JPEGImageEncoder encoder = JPEGCodec.createJPEGEncoder(out);
^

could not parse error message: symbol: variable JPEGCodec
  location: class AttachmentServiceImpl
/Users/jbush/Dev/projects/cle-trunk/mneme/mneme-impl/impl/src/java/org/etudes/mneme/impl/AttachmentServiceImpl.java:1929:
error: cannot find symbol
JPEGEncodeParam param = encoder.getDefaultJPEGEncodeParam(thumbImage);
^

John Bush
602-490-0470