[Building Sakai] Strange Gradebook 2 Behavior with Java 7

Thomas Amsler tpamsler at ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 3 10:39:22 PDT 2012

Michael,

Thank you very much for reporting this. It looks like there are some
incompatibilities between JDK 6 and JDK 7 as listed here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/compatibility-417013.html#jdk7

Folks that are using JDK 7 may want to read up on this. The Gradebook2
specific case is documented here:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/GRBK-1336

Also the gradebook core tool may be affected by this if they haven't changed:

org.sakaiproject.service.gradebook.shared.GradebookService.lettergradeComparator

Best,
-- Thomas