[Building Sakai] migrateData property

Paul Dagnall pdagnall1 at udayton.edu
Wed Aug 1 06:03:03 PDT 2012

(Using Sakai 2.6) My goal is to migrate the binary content stored in the
database to an external file location using this property:

migrateData at org.sakaiproject.content.api.ContentHostingService

I specified my bodyPath and bodyVolumes. That all works well. Then I tried
setting the migrateData to true, which didn't seem to do anything. When I
set it to false, it tried to migrate the data but I got the following
message before the tomcat startup is stopped:

There are migrated content collection entries in the
BINARY_ENTITY column  of CONTENT_COLLECTION you must ensure that this
data is not required and set all entries to null before staring
up with migrate data disabled. Failure to do this could loose
updates since this database was upgraded

So it appears I don't know what I'm doing... Does anyone know what I need
to do to migrate the data out of the db and onto the specified bodyPath?

Thanks!

Paul Dagnall
Application Developer & Administrator
University of Dayton