[Building Sakai] Sakai LDAP search

Jaco Gillman jaco at opencollab.co.za
Wed Aug 1 03:54:22 PDT 2012

Hi All

We have an Sakai implementation which makes use of an LDAP instance for
authentication. I am also using Apache Directory Studio as an client to
connect to the same LDAP instance. Everything in Apache Studio is working
fine, but doing user searches in Sakai (ie doing user connection searches
and user membership searches) takes forever, but does return users found
eventually.

I attached the jldap-beans.xml file and removed the following properties
for obvious reasons:
ldapHost, ldapPort, keystoreLocation, keystorePassword

Any idea why these searches take so long in Sakai?

Regards,

*Jaco Gillman***

Java Developer

opencollab

*Tel*: +27 21 970 4017  |  *Fax*:* *+27 21 914 3098**

*Email*: jaco at opencollab.co.za  |  *Skype*: gillmanjc

*Web*: www.opencollab.co.za