[Building Sakai] poms and building with explicit profiles

Adam York yorkadam at umich.edu
Thu Apr 26 09:34:16 PDT 2012

I am currently trying to build Sakai 2.9 with Evaluation and Hierarchy
tools.  In the past we've had to explicitly build Sakai 2.9 then build
Evaluation & Hierarchy independently using the profile 'sakai2.9'.  If this
wasn't done explicitly the rsf jar's wouldn't be correct and the Evaluation
would be broken.

We are now moving to using a build server which requires it all be
automated.  Is it possible to leverage the poms to build only certain tools
with explicit profiles such as 'sakai2.9'?

I've attempted to automate it via a build script however that fails as well.

//snip
    svn update .
    cd $SRC_DIR || exit 1;
    mvn -e clean install || exit 1;

    cd $SRC_DIR/hierarchy || exit 1;
    mvn -e install -Psakai2.9 || exit 1;

    cd $SRC_DIR/evaluation || exit 1;
    mvn -e install -Psakai2.9 || exit 1;

    cd $SRC_DIR/pack/pack-bin || exit 1;
    mvn -e install || exit 1;
//snip

In the past we had built our older version of sakai with a list of profiles
regardless of the tool.  I'm just not sure the impact here since we jumped
from sakai 2.7.2 to sakai 2.9.

--
Thank You,

Adam York