[Building Sakai] EU Cookie law

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Apr 24 08:25:22 PDT 2012

Looking through the trunk-all source, there are a tools (osp/profile2) that
also use cookies so those are worth verifiying. Otherwise this discussion
came up with the same conclusions last month. (Only used for required
functionality)

http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2012-March/016543.html

In profile2
profile2/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/profile2/tool/pages/MySearch.java
profile2/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/profile2/tool/pages/ViewProfile.java

It looks like cookies are being used in connection with the searching
capabilities and navigation? This should be verified.

In metaobj
metaobj/metaobj-util/tool-lib/src/java/org/sakaiproject/metaobj/utils/mvc/impl/servlet/FormControllerImpl.java

It looks like this cookie is being used to track whether or not the
document is saved?

I'd say the metaobj is used for the service, I'm not 100% on profile2. I
don't see anything in sitestats.