[Building Sakai] EU Cookie law

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 08:08:24 PDT 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWJA0jVPAc

Has anybody in the Euro community done any thinking about the new well-thought-out-and-totally-reasonable-oh-yes EU cookie law?

By all accounts one can use cookies if they are strictly necessary for a service but not if they're used for tracking.

I was wondering if anybody had done any analysis of what cookies sakai uses and then categorised them to show which are deemed strictly necessary.

I assume that site stats uses cookies. Would we consider the site stats tool strictly necessary?

adam