[Building Sakai] Section-aware Dropbox

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu Apr 19 04:23:29 PDT 2012

Hi everybody.

We have been requested to manage a site with several sections. Each
section belongs to one Teaching Assistant and has several students. The
main idea is that every Teaching Assistant has direct communication with
their section's students, so they can upload documents only visibles for
their assigned TA (and also for instructors).

This could be easily solved if Drop Box tool could be used with
Section's access control, but it seems that this feature was requested
and discarded in the past (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-8173 and
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-11647 ).

I would like to know if any university has faced up to this same issue
and how they have managed to solve it.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.