[Building Sakai] Announcing Dashboard 1.0.0

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Apr 12 05:57:41 PDT 2012

One more note about the mobile environment:

The Dashboard displays OK in sakai's PDA portal, but some important features are not working there at the moment.  There is a JIRA ticket for that:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/DASH-217 -- Activity items don't expand in PDA portal

It looks like the problem is actually a small glitch in the PDA, which should be fixed soon:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22047 -- Request for response with content-type of application/json returns html in PDA portal

That will allow people to use the dashboard as a landing page for mobile devices.  But the dashboard display in mobile devices is less than perfect.  We have a JIRA ticket for implementing special views for mobile devices:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/DASH-229 -- Create special views of dashboard for mobile devices

The idea is reduce the amount of information shown by default and use disclosures to show additional details when needed.  We might eliminate a column or two in the default view so it would fit the screen in mobile devices.  This has not been designed yet.  If somebody wanted to get involved in the dashboard project, this could be a good project to take on.

Thanks.

Jim