[Building Sakai] issue in sakai bbb-tool

Jesus Federico jesus at blindsidenetworks.com
Wed Apr 11 13:06:54 PDT 2012

Hi Aatish,

I didn't ask you before, but what version of the bbb-tool are you using?

Besides the general version number (1.0.7) referenced in the wiki you will
find the specific one.

1.0.7-b2-SNAPSHOT has a txt file in the root of the project
called 1.0.7-b2-SNAPSHOT.txt, and to be more specific, there is inside the
sources at bundle/src/resources/Tool.properties a property with this value
bbb.devBuild=20120320_113500

You can download from github and thne checkout to the branch or you can use
the mos recent version that is currently in development.

Right now we have in the master branch
1.0.7-b3.txt<https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/bigbluebutton-sakai/blob/master/bbb-tool/1.0.7-b3.txt>
and
the file  bundle/src/resources/Tool.properties should include bbb.devBuild=
20120330_111500

I would recommend you to use the last one.

Second question, did you remove the previous version before deploying the
new one? this is recommended if you were updating from a previous one?

rm -rvf /opt/tomcat/shared/lib/bbb-*
rm -rvf /opt/tomcat/webapps/bbb-*
rm -rvf /opt/tomcat/components/bbb-*

Let me know how this works for you with the details of your version.

Regards,

Jesus Federico

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Aatish Thakre <athakre at platys.in> wrote:

> Hi All
> I am using sakai 2.8.1 and deploy bbb-tool but it gives exception showing
>
>  No bean named 'org.sakaiproject.bbb.api.BBBMeetingManager' is defined
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:275)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:104)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1245)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
>  at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
>  at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
>  at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
>  at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
>  at
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
> [...]

<http://blindsidenetworks.com/>

*Jesus Federico*
Software Engineer, Blindside Networks Inc.

(    +1 (613) 695-0264
*    jesus at blindsidenetworks.com
skype: jesus.federico