[Building Sakai] Advice re New Content Type

Marc Savitsky marc.savitsky at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 02:42:24 PDT 2012

Hi,
I need to create a new content type, so that I can write some custom
code in the create and amend functions, otherwise the new type will be
very similar to a FolderType.

All was going well, except I can't see the new type in the resources
tool because of:

org.sakaiproject.entity.api.serialize.EntityParseException: Data block
is not of tye org.sakaiproject.content.types.folder
         at
org.sakaiproject.content.impl.serialize.impl.Type1BaseContentCollectionSerializer.doParse(Type1BaseContentCollectionSerializer.java:324)

It seems that content collection types other than FolderType are
discouraged.

Please could I have some advice as to the best way to code around this
restriction.  My environment is sakai 2.8.

thanks
Marc Savitsky