[Building Sakai] Performance issue of synoptic view of announcement tool in home page of "MyWorkspace"

Jing Wei jingw at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 2 16:03:16 PDT 2012

Hi, All;

At Stanford, we had the performance issue of  the synoptic view of
announcement tool in home page of "MyWorkspace" which loads all the
announcements from all the sites that users is joined no matter the site
is unpublished or hidden in "My Hidden Sites". This causes the loading
time for home page of "MyWorkspace" extremely long for the users joined
in many sites.  We are running Sakai 2.6 here.  I would like to know if
anyone in Sakai community has the same issue and any recommendation for
the fix. I also would like to know if there are performance fixes on
Announcement Tool on Sakai 2.8.

Thanks,

Jing