[Building Sakai] How to restrict an instructor from viewing assignments of other groups in a course site that having more than one instructor

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Fri Sep 30 06:54:33 PDT 2011

Hi, Jehan:

By default, instructor role will have asn.all.groups permission assigned, so that instructors can upload/add/download all assignments for all groups in the site.

However, if you want to limit instructor access rights within one's own group, you will either:

 (1) assign them Teaching Assistant role instead, which by default is without asn.all.groups permission;

or

(2) take asn.all.groups permission from instructor role; and if any instructor needs all group permission, upgrade her to Owner role.

You will need admin permission to go to Realms tool to change permission settings.

Thanks,

- Zhen