[Building Sakai] Inline Assignment text getting lost

Chris Ribble cribble at uwindsor.ca
Wed Sep 28 07:55:02 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We are experiencing a major issue here at U of W after our upgrade to
2.7.2. In a fairly large course with an (inline text)assignment due this
Friday, we have students submitting their assignments and getting stuck
with the "Processing" icon near the submission buttons. They wait for
several minutes but the page never progresses/refreshes and they are only
submitting 10 or so lines of text to the system. They eventually get an
email from the Sakai mailer saying that the assignment submitted
successfully and attached is their text submission. The problem is that
the text does not actually make it into the database, when I check the
submission entries, the submitted text is missing, as well as the honor
pledge flag that they must check in order to submit. The db entry also has
the correct last modified timestamp and if submitted has the
submitted="true" attribute.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can anyone shed some light on
possible causes?

Thanks
Chris

Chris Ribble