[Building Sakai] auto.ddl failed on Oracle DB for 2.9

Liu, Peter peter.liu at yale.edu
Mon Sep 26 14:22:10 PDT 2011

Hi,

We have finally made the audo.ddl working on Oracle 11.2g database for Sakai 2.9.  The problem for us is that the user's privilege has too much than too few.

Our db-access user-account has been assigned with a 'Developer' role, which allows the user_account to have a 'select' access to all other DB-Schemas in the database as well.  Since we have another sakai26-schema running on the same database, this causes the confusion and let it thinking that the tables are already existed.  That is why the tables are not created in this new Schema.

Now, everything are working fine.  I hope this might help others in the future.

Thanks,
Peter liu