[Building Sakai] Recently encountered issues in Sakai 2.8

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Mon Sep 26 13:34:41 PDT 2011

Hi!

Since we have migrated to Sakai 2.8, some bugs have been reported on a
steady basis by our users.

[1] Assignments: The "Previous - Return to List - Next" buttons reset the
status of a submission to "Graded"

This one is tricky. Faculty grade papers, click "Save and Release to
Student", then click "Next", "Return to List", or "Previous" to navigate
between submissions, the status gets reset to "Graded", so instructors think
the grade has been released to students, but it's not. The instructor needs
to go back to the list of submissions and click "Release grades" again.

[2] Messages: When email is sent out to multiple recipients, the "To" in the
body only lists the first name

When sending a message to multiple recipients in Messages, the generated
email message sent out only lists the first one in the list in the body of
the email message. Students receiving this message think it has been sent to
them by mistake.

[3] Announcements: Please restore the listing of announcements to show
newest to oldest

... was one on my list that I noticed is now fixed for 2.8.1, so be aware
that it happens, and hug a developer or a Pepperdine staff ;-)

[1] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20773
[2] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-585
[3] https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21015

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Educational Technologist
IT Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060