[Building Sakai] Tomcat error on start up

David McPherson dmcphers at vt.edu
Mon Sep 26 08:10:39 PDT 2011

Thanks Chris and Steve,

Chris's master pom addition for including provided for the reports-api did the trick.  Here's what I added:

 <dependency>
                <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
                <artifactId>sakai-reports-api</artifactId>
                <version>${sakai.version}</version>
                <scope>provided</scope>
            </dependency>

I'll commit my work to get the non-IU improvements to the poms and then get the IU improvements committed ASAP.

Thanks again,
Dave
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David McPherson
dmcphers at vt.edu
540-231-8993

On Sep 26, 2011, at 10:46 AM, Maurer, Christopher Wayne wrote:

> Dave,
> What Steve said does ring a bell from when you tried this the first time
> back on 2.7.  Perhaps we added one of the report artifacts to
> master/pom.xml so it was marked as provided?  That's kind of what I'm
> thinking we did.
>
> Chris
>
> On 9/26/11 10:39 AM, "Steve Swinsburg" <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> The first thing I'd check with an error like this is duplicates in shared
>> or that you are bundling the impl in the webapp.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Steve
>>

>> On 27/09/2011, at 12:32 AM, David McPherson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm working on getting Reports to run in trunk and I've update the poms
>>> on my local machine.  When I got to start tomcat I get the following
>>> error.
>>>
>>> 2011-09-23 15:39:04,183 ERROR main
>>> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader - Context initialization
>>> failed