[Building Sakai] Building 2.8.0 with custom providers

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Sep 21 13:36:32 PDT 2011

2.8.x is continually updated with bug fixes and minor features that are
approved by the TCC.  2.8.x is stable in the sense that it builds
successfully and is used by other Sakai institutions, but the branch is
being continually updated and regressions do occur.  Conservative
institutions often choose to run only well-QA'ed tags while other
institutions that want more bug fixes will run from the branch.

--Sam