[Building Sakai] SAKAI design and template

gsilver gsilver at umich.edu
Sun Sep 18 11:19:06 PDT 2011

Steve,

The Sakai portal is very customizable, as it is driven by Velocity templates that you can alter to suit.

Take a look at the files in the tomcat directory:

	/webapps/portal-render/vm/defaultskin

Less work is changing the skin. The files for that are in the tomcat at:

	/webapps/library/skin

And the documentation for that can be found here:

	https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/architecture/sakai_skin.doc

or in your source at:

	/reference/docs/architecture/sakai_skin.doc

Best,

	- Gonzalo