[Building Sakai] CASifying Sakai

Jeffrey Miller.CTR Jeffrey.Miller.CTR at usuhs.mil
Wed Sep 14 07:04:40 PDT 2011

We've got CAS configured on our QA instance (in lieu of LDAP authentication), and can no longer search for external users using the User Membership tool.

Here's the log entry:
2011-09-14 06:27:38,306 ERROR http-8080-Processor22 org.sakaiproject.user.impl.BaseUserDirectoryService - searchExternalUsers capability is not supported by your provider

It seems that if the LDAP Provider is configured as before, won't it be used instead for authentication rather than CAS?

Is there a property to set to only use the LDAP Provider for external searches and not for authentication?

Thanks,
-jeb

Jeb Miller
Contractor, HJF
Academic Technology Directorate
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799
301-319-0442

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED