[Building Sakai] Create Wiki content permission for students

Anand Mehta anand.mehta at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 12:59:56 PDT 2011

Hi Natalia,

It looks like you have to give the student role rwiki.create permission via the Realms tool in the Admin Workspace. Removing the create permission for any role in the wiki tool's permission page makes the checkbox disappear, and the only way to get it back is through the Realms tool.

There is a JIRA ticket (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19655) about this issue and it suggests that a role should have rwiki.read permission for the create checkbox to be visible, but that does not seem to be the case. I will update the ticket with my findings.

Thanks,
Anand