[Building Sakai] Strange Samigo behaviour

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Mon Sep 12 09:05:17 PDT 2011

Hi Earle,

At the beginning I thought two possible causes:

a)      The one you are suggesting, that is, a deployment issue because it seems not to have a jar where it should. But this is not the case: Sakai kernel util jar is present and not duplicate. I also have checked, file by file, the jar present in our production instance comparing them with our pre-production instance (where the error is not happening): they are the same.

b)      A mismatching between the  JVM used on compile time and the one used on run time (in our case, machines are different). But, once again, this is not the case: they have the same JVM version.

The problem is that it's random. If I reboot the server, sometimes is fixed, sometimes not.

Thanks very much for your help. Any other clue/suggestions? I will appreciate magic receipts and also a stone to hide me. :D

Cheers,
                David