[Building Sakai] auto-group roles differ from site level settings

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Fri Sep 9 11:18:41 PDT 2011

Hi, all:

Based on our local user reports, I just created KNL-800 "a group created with provider id should synchronize with parent site on manually updated member roles".

I have documented the steps to repeat this problem. In summary, the auto-created group has group members all with provided roles, even though the group member's role could have been changed on the site-level.

The suggestion is to have the role-override in place at the group level, the same as what Sakai does on the site level.

Does the community see this as a bug and agree with the suggested behavior?

Thanks,

- Zhen