[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.8.0 CLE and Tomcat 7

Mike Jennings mike_jennings at unc.edu
Thu Sep 8 06:57:15 PDT 2011

Hey a flashing marque might help a silly developer that just skims over
the documentation :D

I guess I was just confused because the document says that it is
"currently tailored for Sakai 2.5+" but then you go into your developer
notes, which appear to contradict the above statement.

Also when the documentation goes into getting the source code, the first
thing it tells you to do is get a sakai-2.8.x branch.  Granted it says
that you can get any any version of the code you want, but if you were
going to get the 2.8.x branch then would you not use one of the other
set of documentation at the top of the page.

I currently do not see anything on this page that suggests that this
setups is directed towards the 2.9.x release, but again you can tell I
don't really read all the instructions first then start doing the work
as I should.

Mike