[Building Sakai] Site Info: Manage Access' Site Visibility sometimes lies

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Thu Sep 8 06:26:11 PDT 2011

Hi,

UPMC has been running Sakai 2.8.0 since August 29th, but this may have
happened undetected before.

When I create a project with Worksite Setup, the default Site Visibility
is: Display in public site list

When I get to the Site Browser, it's really public.

Nevertheless, Manage Access' Site Visibility shows Private. If I set it
through Site Visibility after creation, the displayed value is now correct.

If I set it to Private on creation, it's private everywhere.

It looks like a newly created project is shown as having Private Site
Visibility after creation in Manage Access, whether this is really the
case or not.

I haven't tried with courses yet.

Has this already happened to you?

Is there a JIRA for this issue?