[Building Sakai] KNL-797/KNL-433: need more eyes on this issue

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Sep 6 09:57:01 PDT 2011

Chuck Hedrick has asked that we revert a kernel patch made to the BasicSqlService associated with KNL-433 that introduces connection handling problems during SQL transaction operations.  He also recommends that we look at further hardening transaction processing in the code.

As a first step, I am ready to revert the KNL-433 commits (see below) and when ready roll new releases of kernel-1.1 and kernel 1.2.  I assume there will be no objections to reversion but I'd appreciate confirmation from other devs.

Cheers,

Anth

Tickets
KNL-433, Transactions not closed off, tables left locked: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-433
KNL-797, Error in modifying site can leave the site damaged or missing: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-797

Commits

Trunk r92476. 2 May 2011
kernel-1.2.x r93509, 4 June 2011 (supporting sakai-2.8)
kernel-1.1.x r95760, 27 Jul 2011 (supporting sakai-2.7)