[Building Sakai] rutgers 2.8.1 experience

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 21 11:43:58 PDT 2011

So far

bugs in community 2.8.1 code
* mail archive dropping messages SAK-21305
* announcements out of order SAK-21308 [also SAK-21306]
* privacy screen in My Worksite shows null site list [SAK being created]

remaining problem from 2.8.0:
* chat shows 100 message when user asks for all, SAK-20928
  for the moment we've made show all show all, but
  added an option for 100, which is the default. We'll consider
  whether more work needs to be done

problems that seem to be fixed if you clear the browser cache:
* odd formatting in announcements
* missing users from presence
  [I'm still not sure whether clearing cache fixes this]