[Building Sakai] [oae-dev] What is the difference between nakamura and 3akai-us repository in git

N. Matthijs nicolaas.matthijs at caret.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 09:07:35 PDT 2011

Hi Mustansar,

In case you are setting up OAE and Hybrid from scratch (i.e. with
a new CLE instance), it should be possible to use the rake script
inside of OAE-Builder as well, which does all of the required build
steps for you after running "rake hybrid_scratch".

As you say, currently this doesn't quite allow you to keep track of
different versions. Feel free to create a JIRA ticket for this, as this
is  something that we need to be providing anyway.

I fully agree that the documentation around this isn't quite up to
standards yet, but it's definitely a goal to significantly improve
documentation and simplify installation. In fact, the rake script
was a first step in that direction. If there's any documentation
you could contribute around the areas you found unclear or
missing, that would obviously be great as well.

Thanks,
Nicolaas