[Building Sakai] possible blocker for 2.8.1

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:05:21 PDT 2011

This may be peculiar to Rutgers, because our 2.8.1. is a prerelease, and we did some cleanups for 2.8.0.

In 2.8.0 some conversions were missed that would cause archive messages not to be shown. A conversion script was added to the 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 upgrade that added message_order = "1" to any message not already having it. The problem is that many of our messages already had message_order = "0"  (guess: message arriving under 2.8.0, but we may have done this in a Rutgers conversion script).

If you add message_order = "1" to one that already has 0, messages are not shown.

If this isn't Rutgers-specific, the conversion script needs to be modified to fix up only message not already have message_order.