[Building Sakai] What exactly is Subject, Course and Section ?

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Thu Oct 20 08:17:01 PDT 2011

Just another suggestion here in case you want to customize the required course fields other than the Subject, Course and Section levels:

Please take a look at the org.sakaiproject.sitemanage.api.SectionField and org.sakaiproject.sitemanage.api.SectionFieldProvider API for definitions of required section fields, and max char length allowed for each field.

There are default impl of those APIs inside site-manage module, which supports the levels of Subject, Course and Section for OOTB Sakai course. However, you can definitely override the API by implement your own.

Thanks,

- Zhen