[Building Sakai] Problem with email templates in Sakai Trunk

Cris J Holdorph holdorph at unicon.net
Mon Oct 17 09:39:38 PDT 2011

Last week, I did a fresh check out of Sakai trunk at revision 99536.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/trunk/

I used a fresh database and a fresh tomcat, unarchived from a
"apache-tomcat-5.5.33" distribution.

Anyway, after building/running, I created a new user and a new site with
the admin user.  I then used the admin user to 'add' this new user to
the site I had created.  At the end of the add process I selected to
send email.  I receive this message in the logs...

2011-10-13 13:30:39,965  WARN http-8080-Processor23
org.sakaiproject.emailtemplateservice.service.impl.EmailTemplateServiceImpl
- no template found for: sitemange.notifyAddedParticipant in locale en_US

The closest I could come to anything related to this, was reading
SAK-20987.  But it seemed to imply that the default that would be used
would be any template that did not have a locale.  Using the Email
Template Administration tool (and confirming in source code) there does
seem to be a "sitemange.notifyAddedParticipant" email template with no
locale in it.

I believe this is probably a bug, but was wondering if you could confirm
this.

---- Cris J H