[Building Sakai] Site Stats' server wide stats improvement by Steve Swinsburg

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 05:15:16 PDT 2011

Hi J-F,

> Do you mean you're gonna use your changes that are currently in trunk with sakai 2.8 or did you intend to write 2.9 instead of 2.8?

We will be running this in our 2.8 install.

> Does your last comment in STAT-299 mean the server wide stats for MySQL are not using the sakai_session or sakai_event tables anymore but this has not been changed at all for Oracle?

The original server wide stats was MySQL only. This is a rewrite of that. There is no Oracle support at this stage but it would be easy to implement if someone writes the SQL. Once you perform the db conversion to get the historical data in the SiteStats format (included for MySQL), then the data in the sakai_event and sakai_session tables are no longer used - SiteStats was modified to collect the additional events and store them in its own tables.

cheers,
Steve