[Building Sakai] Establishing new sessions are killing us during high load

Earle Nietzel earle.nietzel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 06:41:09 PDT 2011

Hi Jeremy could you check what indexes you have?

I see the following

SAKAI_SESISON:
  UNIQUE KEY `SAKAI_SESSION_INDEX` (`SESSION_ID`),
  KEY `SAKAI_SESSION_SERVER_INDEX` (`SESSION_SERVER`),
  KEY `SAKAI_SESSION_START_END_IE`
(`SESSION_START`,`SESSION_END`,`SESSION_ID`),
  KEY `SESSION_ACTIVE_IE` (`SESSION_ACTIVE`)

SAKAI_PRESENCE:
  KEY `SAKAI_PRESENCE_SESSION_INDEX` (`SESSION_ID`),
  KEY `SAKAI_PRESENCE_LOCATION_INDEX` (`LOCATION_ID`)

Earle