[Building Sakai] MultipleEmailLdapAttributeMapper sample

Rosa María Silveira Puertas rmsilvei at pas.ucm.es
Thu Oct 6 07:45:17 PDT 2011

Hi all,

We have Sakai 2.8 at Universidad Complutense and I'm trying to set jldap-beans.xml to get email for external users from one of these two ldaps attributes: mail or mailAlternateAddress.

At jldap-beans.xml I have this:

        <bean id="edu.amc.sakai.user.LdapAttributeMapper"

                        class="edu.amc.sakai.user.MultipleEmailLdapAttributeMapper"

                        init-method="init"

                        singleton="true">

                <!-- A typical set of attribute mappings. Keys are logical

                names expected by the application. Values are physical LDAP

                attribute names. If not specified or empty, defaults to

                AttributeMappingConstants.DEFAULT_ATTR_MAPPINGS. -->

                <property name="attributeMappings">

                        <map>

                        </map>

                </property>

                <!-- Several options for calculating Sakai user types based

                on LDAP attributes. Defaults to an instance of EmptyStringUserTypeMapper -->

                <property name="userTypeMapper">

                        <!-- Select one of the following beans -->

                        <ref bean="edu.amc.sakai.user.EmptyStringUserTypeMapper" />

                        <!-- ref bean="edu.amc.sakai.user.EntryAttributeToUserTypeMapper" /-->

                        <!-- ref bean="edu.amc.sakai.user.EntryContainerRdnToUserTypeMapper" /-->

                        <!-- ref bean="edu.amc.sakai.user.StringUserTypeMapper" /-->

                </property>

        </bean>

Instead of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I have tried with:

·         mail,mailAlternateAddress

·         mail|mailAlternateAddress

·         (mail)(mailAlternateAddress)

·         |(mail=*)(mailAlternateAddress=*)

·         \(mail=*)(mailAlternateAddress=*)

And I get this error at tomcat log: WARN http-80-Processor9 edu.amc.sakai.user.JLDAPDirectoryProvider - An error occurred searching for users: com.novell.ldap.LDAPLocalException: (87) Error del filtro

Do you know where I could find some examples of how setting this? Or anyone who could help me if you can't?

Thank you very much in advance and best regards, Rosa