[Building Sakai] How to Remove a Section Group From a Site after your delete the AuthzGroup for that Section

Mike Jennings mike_jennings at unc.edu
Wed Oct 5 09:11:34 PDT 2011

I am using sakai 2.7.0 and am trying to remove a AuthzGroup for a given
realm and provider id.   I delete update the main sites provider id, so
that the removed realm is not there anymore, and I delete the group from
the realm.  After I have removed the group realm, which works perfectly,
I see that the group realm is removed just fine, but when I save the
site, the group that was removed is readded with a new groupId.  I then
info tool, I  still see the Group listed in the Group Drop down on site
info, even though the main Provider id does not have the provider id in it.

How can I modifiy a site, so that the group information for it will be
cleanly removed and synced.  The only way that I have been able to do
this is that after I have done my work, is to run the Section Metadata
Sync Job, which

I am sure that all of this is very unclear, as I have been struggling
with this for days now :D

Mike
Mike Jennings
Teaching and Learning Developer