[Building Sakai] James email archive message bouncing

Sobieralski, Damian Michael dsobiera at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 4 08:26:11 PDT 2011

We moved up to a sakai 2.7.1 code base recently and noticed that our
bounce emails stopped getting to their recipients.  After looking around
we noticed that there is a sakai ticket for this:

After a bit of troubleshooting I found that the problem is that james is
seeing the bounce email as coming from the node's ip (say 192.168.1.10) vs
localhost (127.0.0.1) and refusing to relay it.  If I add that node's ip
in config.xml it seems to rectify the problem.

mailarchive/mailarchive-james/james/src/webapp/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xm

<mailet class="ToProcessor" match="RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=127.0.0.1,
192.168.1.10">
   <processor> relay-denied </processor>
   <notice>550 - Requested action not taken: relaying denied</notice>
</mailet>

I have a question. Is there a way to tell james in the config file to use
its own ip in this config w/o manually specifying it?

Thanks.

- Damian