[Building Sakai] Chat Tool

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 04:29:33 PDT 2011

Try these steps:

1. Check out the service (sfc-service): svn co
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/lancaster.ac.uk/sfcservice/trunk
portal-chat
2. change to the portal-chat directory
3. Run mvn clean install sakai:deploy" from the root directory of the
checked out code. That will install the chat service into the components
directory of your Sakai instance.
3. Restart Sakai
4. Point your browser at http://localhost/direct and you should see a
restful target of portal-chat. This means the service installed
successfully.
5. patch -p0 < floating_chat.patch
6. rebuild your Sakai source code
7. Restart Sakai.

That should do it. If others are interested in floating chat in their
2.8s, and probably 2.7s I could massage these emails into a confluence page.

Cheers,
Adrian.

--
Adrian Fish