[Building Sakai] JRebel and Sakai

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:12:09 PST 2011

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get JRebel running with Sakai? I have Tomcat running with JRebel initialised but can't seem to get any changes from my source files to hot redeploy in Tomcat (webapp only).

My setup is that I have a source code project in Eclipse, I have it set to Build Automatically, I have the JRebel Maven plugin listen in my POM, and I connect to a 'remote' (same computer, just not running from within Eclipse) Tomcat instance.

I can see the rebel.xml file is generated by the Maven plugin and deployed in the webapp, and points back to my Eclipse workspace, but nothing happens when I modify a class.

Anyone got it running? I can see it saving a lot of time (plus will help persuade some hesitant PHP converts).

cheers,