[Building Sakai] transferCopyEntitiesRefMigrator - how does it work ??

George Pipkin gpp8p at Virginia.EDU
Fri Nov 18 12:50:40 PST 2011

Hi -

    I have been playing around with the SAK-16568 patches that allow the
Import from Site feature
to change links from an old site to entities contained in a new site,
particularly as it relates
to links contained within a syllabus.  I have patched this int
sakai_2-7-x, and overall the thing
works, except for links to samigo entities.  So I am trying to
understand how it works where it
does work, and I focused on forums links which are also /direct links.
I have traced the program execution
through a method called transferCopyEntitiesRefMigrator, which was added
to SyllabusServiceImpl.java
by the SAK-16568 patches.  I looked at the URL for this link, and for
the life of me I can't
see where it is being changed, but somehow it is.  All through this
method, the link is:

href="/direct/forum_topic/109?p=1"

yet somehow when it is all done, the link in the new syllabus is:

http://localhost:8080/direct/forum_topic/114?p=1

I would love it is somebody could explain to me where and how this
miracle takes place, since I would like to conjure up a similar
miracle for samigo.

                                     - George Pipkin
                                         U.Va.