[Building Sakai] toolOrder.xml, templates and the home tool

Coetzee, Nico Coetzeen at unisa.ac.za
Wed Nov 16 02:11:22 PST 2011

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Hi Raad

Okay our template was set to no, but it still does not change the home page order, it still stays on the same place (not the first tool).

About the default sakai.properties.  Mabe there is not one, but if I do not have a wsetup.home.toolids.course in my sakai.properties, it gets a list from somewhere and never goes to the template

On 16 Nov 2011, at 11:57 AM, Raad Al-Rawi wrote:

> [...]
<snip>
> When a site get created we get the site pages in the correct order. But if a
> lecturer clicks on the site info-tool and add a tool the page order get messed
> up and the home tool is now somewhere in the list (see course screenshot
> attached):

Just a very quick thought - this could be connected to the custom page order setting.
What is it set to in your template? If it's "no" then it might explain the behaviour you're seeing.

> I have traced as far as i could through the site-mange -> SiteAction but I
> cannot find the fault.
>
> I have also noticed there is a part in SiteAction (line 668 about) that does a
> lookup of wsetup.home.toolids
>
>        // First: get the tool ids from configuration files
>                // initially by "wsetup.home.toolids" + site type, and if missing, use
> "wsetup.home.toolids"
>                if (ServerConfigurationService.getStrings("wsetup.home.toolids." +
> siteType) != null) {
>                        rv = new
> ArrayList(Arrays.asList(ServerConfigurationService.getStrings("wsetup.home
> .toolids." + siteType)));
>                } else if
> (ServerConfigurationService.getStrings("wsetup.home.toolids") != null) {
>                        rv = new
> ArrayList(Arrays.asList(ServerConfigurationService.getStrings("wsetup.home
> .toolids")));
>                }
>
>                // Second: if tool list is empty, get it from the template site settings
>                if (rv.isEmpty())
>

> I found that if you do not have a wsetup.home.toolids.course in your
> sakai.properties, it gets a list from the default sakai.properties, is this
> correct?

Looking at the snippet you quoted, I'd say for a course site it looks for " wsetup.home.toolids.course" and if it fails to find that looks for "wsetup.home.toolids". I don't believe there is a default "sakai.properties".

Cheers

Raad

Nico Coetzee
Designer Developer