[Building Sakai] Sakai Quartz Job notification

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Nov 15 07:11:31 PST 2011

You can see when jobs are fired, complete or when other events happen with
the job scheduler tool on the admin page, this won't show you what's
actually *running* though. You can force the JVM to thread dump if you call
it with a -QUIT like

kill --QUIT <tomcat pid>

You should see the stack trace in that dump for your job.

You can also do this at runtime if you hook up jmx (and use visualvm),
install psiprobe as a webapp or do remote debugger with eclipse.

You could probably also just add periodic logging to your quartz job as an
easy way to see what it's doing at runtime.

You'd probably need to explain the problem more if this isn't what you were
talking about?

-Matthew