[Building Sakai] Sessions are active even on logout

ali jan sakaicle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 03:09:34 PST 2011

Dear All

we deployed sakai with mod_ajk.
Two tomcate sys1 and sys2.
One Apache Access server.

When user signout/logout then their sessions are still active.

and  active user sessions are increasing day by day, per day about
300 users are making sessions, but in sakai_session table active
connections (session_active=1) are more than 2000, and this number is
increasing more, due do to which clients are getting error "service
unavailable ***********".

When I restarted tomcat then new* session_server *entry created in*sakai_session
* table, and its count is increasing, while old session_server entry count
is still 2000.

Logically on signout session should be invalidated, but in my case users
sessions are not invalidating.

Regarding

 .