[Building Sakai] Chat in cluster environment issues

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Wed Nov 9 05:08:46 PST 2011

                Hi all,

                Short description: we are having problems with chat tool in cluster environment. Sakai 2.8.0, Oracle 11g, Java 1.6.0_22-b04.

                Detailed description: we have four servers (say A, B, C and D) running with the same configuration (Apache+Tomcat) and binaries (they're replicated from the same model).  When using chat tool, we have seen that chat messages are not being refreshed unless you press F5 (that is, they aren't lost but now shown in real time). However, this is not happening between all servers: communication A->B and B->A works ok but not the other possibilities. I've made the following checks:

a)      Log files looking for exceptions. Nothing.

b)      Libraries versions looking for mismatches. Nothing.

c)       Configuration files looking for mismatches. Nothing.

Does anybody seen this behavior before? Any clue about how to fix this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Dr. David Roldán Martínez
Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Sakai CLE QA lead for Internationalization
[cid:image005.jpg at 01CC9EE9.18B22B40]

[cid:image006.jpg at 01CC9EE9.18B22B40]