[Building Sakai] production disaster apparently due to chat

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 4 05:16:40 PDT 2011

I've looked, and don't see a significant difference. We did have occasional problems in older versions, when a large class had online office hours. Earlier this week was particularly bad. But also our user's expectations, and how Sakai is used, have changed. We can no longer survive periods of unusably slow response.