[Building Sakai] Calendar Events for a site

David Wafula davidwaf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 01:44:30 PDT 2011

Thanks Steve. I do have all the javadocs. But i guess that still doesn't
really answer my question (probably i was not that clear). Take for
instance, javadocs say

references - The List of calendar References

I still battle to figure out where  to get valid values for this. In this
case,  a List is rather abstract.  I suppose i could could do with some
sample code, or some pointers where this method is used in a module
somewhere.

Regards,

david.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Steve Swinsburg
<steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I recommend you build the javadocs for your Sakai source:
>
> mvn javadoc:javadoc -Daggregate=true
>
> getEvents
>
> CalendarEventVector *getEvents*(List <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/List.html?is-external=true> references,
>                               org.sakaiproject.time.api.TimeRange range)
>
> Takes several calendar References and merges their events from within a
> given time range.
>
> *Parameters:*references - The List of calendar References.range - The
> time period to use to select events.*Returns:* CalendarEventVector object
> with the union of all events from the list of calendars in the given time
> range.
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>
> On 04/11/2011, at 8:15 AM, David Wafula wrote:
>
> Team,
> I have CalendarService object instantiated correctly, via spring. I need
> to get calendar events for a site.
> I was thinking:
>
>  calendarService.getEvents(list, timerange)
>
> is it appropriate? If so, i need help with arguments to the method: what
> exactly is List ? And how do you instantiate TimeRange object ?
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> David Wafula

David Wafula